What kind of information you will find in this document?
- what cookies are and what types of cookies exist,
- what internet technologies are used on our Website,
- what data we process,
- how and for what purposes we use the data,
- to whom and how we send data,
- for how long we store the information contained in the cookies.
This website belongs to Mariusz Ciemcioch conducting business under the name "ROCO" MARIUSZ CIEMCIOCH with its registered office in Ksawerów (95-054) at Zachodnia 54a Street, Poland under the following numbers in Poland NIP: 7311087751, REGON: 472069820, BDO: 000195755, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter: Administrator).
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are IT data, in particular small text information stored on the users' terminal equipment, e.g. on a computer, tablet or mobile phone, which can be read by our ICT system (our own cookies) or a third party's ICT system (third party cookies). These cookies allow us to recognise the user's device and display the website accordingly, tailored to the user's individual preferences, allow the website to be displayed in the user's language "remembered" by these cookies, and use other Website settings selected by the user. "Cookies" usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, the length of time they are stored on the terminal device and a unique number.
A pixel is software code that allows to track Website Visitors and their behaviour on pixel deployed websites. This can be basic tracking of whether a person has visited a Website, up to detailed tracking of actions such as adding a product to a basket, selecting a product, submitting a form, etc. The pixel can send the collected information to a third party, i.e. the code provider.
We use the cookies and other web technologies we use to:
- a. to ensure the operation, security and reliability of our Website;
- b. to adapt the content of the Website to your preferences and optimise the use of the Website. These cookies make it possible to store your choices regarding language, browser, settings of selected elements of the Website or to opt-out of profiled advertisements, as well as to store information about your location;
- c. to ensure that logging into the Customer's Account is facilitated;
- d. to analyse and compile statistics that help us understand how visitors to the Website use its functionality, so that we can improve its structure and content;
- e. for advertising purposes (including remarketing, retargeting) and linking to social media, to display behavioural advertising using the Google Ads tool to provide Customers with advertising content tailored to their interests or profiles, may also be used to display advertising outside the pages of the Site (also using so-called third party cookies), i.e. with our advertising partners. Our goal is to develop an advertising offer that is attractive and beneficial to our audience, so within the framework of behavioural advertising, the Customer may see primarily information about products or services that he or she has already viewed or checked out on our Site.
4. Is personal data processed as part of cookies?
Yes, selected cookies may process your personal data in certain situations. The processing of personal data derived from cookies or similar technologies on our Website is carried out for the purposes of ensuring the functioning of the Website, the adaptation of the Website to the Visitor's and Customer's preferences, or analytical purposes. The processing is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest. We would like to point out that the legal basis for the processing of personal data for advertising, statistical purposes will always be your additional and explicit consent, expressed by making a selection and ticking the checkbox during the cookie consent process.
When a Visitor or Customer uses the Online Shop, cookies are used to identify their browser or device - cookies collect various types of information which, in principle, do not constitute personal data. However, some information, depending on its content and use, may be linked to a specific person - the attribution of certain behaviour to a specific Visitor or Customer, e.g. by linking it to the data provided when registering an Account with the Online Shop or a specific email address - and thus be considered as personal data.
7. Can I change my mind about using cookies?
8. How can I further manage my privacy?
If you want to further manage your privacy, we include a list of tools that may be helpful:
- a. the cookie settings within your internet browser;
- Google Chrome: Settings - Show advanced settings - Privacy - Content settings - Cookies.
- Internet Explorer cookies can be modified from: Tools - Internet Options - Privacy;
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools - Options - Privacy.
- b. browser plug-ins supporting cookie management, e.g. ghostery,
- c. additional cookie management software,
- d. incognito mode in the web browser,
- e. behavioural advertising settings, e.g. youronlinechoices.com,
- f. mechanism for managing cookies from our website,
- g. Google Analytics Opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout,
- h. Google Ads Settings: https://adssettings.google.com/
9. Are cookies harmful?
The cookies we use are not harmful to the Visitor and the Customer, nor to the computer, mobile phone or terminal device used by them, so we recommend that you do not disable them in your browsers.
So-called harmless cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, needed to enable the functionality of the Website, but their function has nothing to do with tracking the user. We also use so-called "research cookies" on our Site, which we use to track Visitors to the Site, but do not include information that allows (without having other data) to identify a specific user.
10. What kind of proprietary cookies do we use?
We use first party cookies to ensure the proper functioning of the Website. Our cookies are intended to make it easier for you to use our Website and, in particular, the functionality of the Shop.
11. Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes. Our website also uses third-party cookies in order to optimise its functioning. We also use third-party cookies for analytical and statistical purposes. Cookies also allow us to tailor advertising and marketing content to your preferences. Cookies are also used to improve the usability and personalisation of the content of the Online Shop.
12. Do we use profiling?
Yes. Thanks to the cookies used in the Online Shop, it is possible for the Administrator to learn about the Customer's preferences - e.g. by analysing how often they visit the Online Shop and whether and which products they buy. Analysing your online behaviour helps us to better understand your habits and expectations and to adapt to your needs and interests. Based on cookies, the Administrator also uses technology to reach Customers who have previously visited the Online Shop with an advertising message when they use other websites, using the Google Ads tool.
13. What specific cookies, pixels and IT tools do we use?
Google Analytics. We use the Google Analytics tool, provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This allows us to create statistics and analyses in order to improve the performance of the Website.
Google Analytics automatically collects information about the use of our Website. Importantly, we have IP anonymisation enabled. Therefore, Google does not receive personal data from us that could be based on the IP number in combination with other data about Visitors or Customers.
As part of Google Analytics, we collect demographic and interest data. The collected information, which is not personal data, is mostly transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
As part of Google Analytics on our Website, we also use sub-services such as Google ADS , Google Optimize, Google tag menager.
If you are interested in the details related to the processing of data within Google Analytics, we encourage you to read the document produced by Google: https://support.google.com/analytics.
Google Ads - conversion and remarketing. We use the Google Ads tool (pop. Google AdWords), provided by Google Ireland Limited (registered no.: 368047) wi=th registered office at: Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. This enables us to attract attention to our content and offers through advertising material on external websites. We analyse data from advertising campaigns in order to optimise advertising activities. The advertising material is provided by Google via so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use server cookies by means of which specific parameters can be measured for the success of the reach, such as ad placement or user clicks. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie on your device. For these cookies, a unique cookie identifier, the number of impressions per ad placement (frequency), the last display (relevant for post-display conversions) and opt-out information (indication which user does not wish to be included further) are usually stored to analyse the value. Cookies allow Google to recognise your browser. We do not collect or process any personal data on the basis of the above advertising measures. We do not obtain other data and cannot identify users on the basis of the information obtained. Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically starts a connection to the Google server. Even if you are not registered with any Google service or are not logged in, it is possible that network providers may obtain and store your IP address.
We also use a remarketing tool in Google Ads, which enables us to present users of our website with advertisements based on their interests from other websites belonging to Google's advertising network. For this purpose, Google stores cookies in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google Display Network in order to uniquely identify the browser on a particular device.
We encourage you to read the documents on RODO and Google Ads: https://ads.google.com/intl/pl_pl/home/faq/gdpr/.
Facebook. We also use marketing tools available through Facebook and provided by Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). As part of these tools, we target advertising to you on Facebook. We carry out activities in this regard based on our legitimate interest in marketing our own products.
In order to target you with advertisements personalised to your behaviour on our Site, we use the Facebook Pixel, which automatically collects information about your use of our Site in terms of the pages you view.
14. How long do we keep cookies containing personal data?
Depending on the type, purpose and legal basis for processing cookies, the duration of storage of cookies ranges from 1 day to 4 years.
The Administrator may delete Personal Data if it has not been used for marketing purposes for 4 years unless legislation obliges the Administrator to process Personal Data for longer.
Some of the personal data may be kept longer in case the Customer has any claims against the Administrator, or for the Administrator's investigation of claims or defence against claims (including those of third parties), for the period of limitation prescribed by law, in particular the Civil Code.
In any case, the longer term of retention of Personal Data is decisive.
15. Which social media tools do we use?
Our Website uses plug-ins and other social tools provided by social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
When displaying a Website containing such a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct connection to the servers of the social network administrators (service providers). The content of the plug-in is transmitted by the respective service provider directly to your browser and integrated into the Website. Through this integration, service providers receive information that your browser has viewed our website, even if you do not have a profile with the respective service provider or are not currently logged in with them. This information (including your IP address) is sent by your browser directly to the server of the relevant service provider, where it is stored.
If you have logged into one of the social networks, this service provider will be able to directly associate your visit to our Site with your profile on the relevant social network.
The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the service providers, including the possibility to be contacted, as well as your rights in this respect and the possibility to make settings to ensure the protection of your privacy are described in the privacy policies of the individual service providers.
- Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content
- Facebook - https://pl-pl.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
- Pinterest - https://policy.pinterest.com/pl/privacy-policy
If you do not want the social networks to attribute the data collected during your visit to our Website directly to your profile on the respective service, you must log out of that service before visiting our Website. You can also completely prevent plug-ins from loading on the website by using the appropriate extensions in your browser, e.g. blocking scripts.